Debian 5 Very slow internet browsing

Hello to All, I am a Linux novice!

I have just installed current stable Debian 5 and it looks great. However, getting on the internet seems to takes forever, why would this be? My computer is configured to dual boot MS Windows XP. When I boot into windows and connect to the internet using Firefox or Explorer, there is no problem. I had Debian 4 previously in dual boot configuration, there was no problems browsing the internet. I then reformat partition and do a clean Debian 5 install, now experiencing very slow internet browsing!

I would appreciate any assistance in this regard, thank you.

Leroy Beckford