Re: xmodmap not working correctly with startx

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 12:10 AM, Anderson Goulart <anderson@goulart.info> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Maybe Xsession sould be done before you could run your .xmodmap. You could
> try 2 things:
>
> 1) change the name of .xmodmap to .Xmodmap.. some systems are configured to
> load this file with this specific name (case sensitive)
> 2) Open you Xsession file (here is /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession) and put this lines
> at the beginning of the file (after #!/bin/sh)
> if [ -f $HOME/.Xmodmap ]; then
>   /usr/bin/xmodmap $HOME/.Xmodmap
> fi
>
> Save and login again!
>

> -- anderson

Hi!

I am actually using the default Xsession file provided by debian, so I
am a little wary of modifying it. And modifying all "autostart" files
of every dm/wm doesn't look very good... (though that is what I am
doing currently - calling xmodmap from .fvwm/config).

Also, I linked .xmodmap to .Xmodmap, but it didn't help.

Regards