Re: wording of debian-desktop.org

Hi Ana and all,

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org> wrote:

[For who does not know what I am talking about, it is about the website:
http://www.debian-desktop.org:80/doku.php/
that points to http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-desktop/  ]

Hi Martin and all,

I do not have any problem at all with you offering KDE packages. You
are totally free to do so, and I am sure your work is highly appreciated for a
lot of users. But I have problems with the whole debian-desktop official
project thing. AFAIK, Debian desktop subproject is to work on the integration of
the various desktop-related packages, bug reports, questions and patches
*inside* Debian.
You are providing packages named as the "official" ones of the "Official
DebianDesktop project" and those packages should be the packages in the archive
for any desktop.

I had no intention to mark the site as the official website for the DebianDesktop project.
Maybe my wording was wrong. I changed the wording to make clear that my site is not the official website.

Debian-Desktop is about making better the desktop experience in Debian not
having official packages outside the archive.

To the list: What is debian-desktop subproject supposed to be currently?

In any case a small request: could you put clearly in debian-desktop.org that
your KDE packages are unofficial and not necesarily upgrade compatible with
the archive ones?

Of course.
The statement is now online.

Again, I have not problems with you offering the packages, just with the whole
"official" thing that is confusing...

Again, it was not my intention.
Thank you for letting me know about this misspelling.

Thanks,

Martin