Re: XDG_CONFIG_DIRS, desktop-base (and Xfce)

On mar, 2009-02-24 at 18:26 +0100, Loïc Minier wrote:

>  So if I were you, I'd go back to the basic questions: I think you want
>  to enable Xfce sessions to use the XDG data provided by desktop-base;
>  all Xfce sessions start by xfce-session, so you could patch that.

That's more or less what I do at the moment, by patching libxfce4util to
add the desktop-base folder in XFCE_RESOURCE_CONFIGS (which is
initialized to content of XDG_CONFIG_DIRS and /etc/xdg). But it defeats
the initial purpose of XDG_CONFIG_DIRS and is clearly not consistent
with other distros.

>  If
>  you consider that all useful Xfce session you care about start in
>  Xsession.d, then do it at that level.  It might cover more DEs, but
>  less use cases.

Well, some of them use startxfce4 which in turns
run /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc. So I need to check that too.

The good thing with XDG_CONFIG_DIRS is that everybody can benefits and
it doesn't violate the specs.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis