XDG_CONFIG_DIRS, desktop-base (and Xfce)

Hey people,

Xfce 4.6 is to be released soon, and I'm tuning the way Xfce uses our
custom, desktop-base branding. Currently I manually (through a patch)
add /usr/share/desktop-base/profiles/xdg-config to the folders looked by
the libxfce4util library.

This is not really robust, and may break. The correct way to do that is
to use XDG_CONFIG_DIRS, but I don't really know where to do that if I
want to support different way to start Xfce (through a DM, directly from
console etc.)

At the moment we are the only one
using /usr/share/desktop-base/profiles/xdg-config but basically having
an XDG folder in desktop-base makes sense, so other people might want to
use it, and it could be convenient to add it to XDG_CONFIG_DIR globally.

What would you think if I added (in desktop-base)
a /etc/X11/Xsession.d/desktop-base which would do something like:

export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=$XDG_CONFIG_DIRS:/usr/share/desktop-base/profiles/xdg-config:/etc/xdg

(more or less).

That way, every application storing settings with XDG compliant paths
could benefit of the Debian branding (well, kind-of).

What do you think?

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis