Re: gksu, ktuss and other ways to get root

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 10:29 -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> I am planning to do a rewrite of gksu that would be installable in
> paralel with the current one but using only PolicyKit as a backend. That
> will make the number of dependencies gksu has drop to a minimum (even
> gtk+ will probably get dropped!), so you would be able to always use
> gksu, provided that your DE environment provides its implementation of
> PolicyKit's AuthenticationAgent.

Thought I would let you know that I did actually write most of the code,
and am thinking of doing an alpha-quality release soonish (say, second
week of november). You can read about and look at the code, and send me
your opinion, if you wish:

	http://live.gnome.org/gksu

See you,

--