Re: [VAC] desktop-base status and TODO

2008/8/22 Fathi Boudra <fabo@debian.org>
Hi,

I'll be in Ireland for 2 weeks and couldn't work on desktop-base until I'm
back.

STATUS:

the package is in good shape in svn repository.

Since 5.0.0 upload, the following changes were done:
 * Relabel background as "Lenny" in GNOME properties. (Closes: #495613)
 * Merge wallpapers and backgrounds directories.
 * Remove deprecated splash and wallpapers:
   - debblue-1600x1200.png
   - bluedeb-1024x768.jpg
   - Debian.jpg
   - debian-background.svg
   - Splash-debblue.png
   - Splash-Debian.png
   - Splash-Debian_red.png
 * Add MoreBlue Orbit grub and splash sources.
 * Add MoreBlue Orbit widescreen.
 * Add Nightly sources.
 * Add MoreBlue Orbit Splashy theme. (Closes: #495618)
 * Add MoreBlue Orbit USplash theme.
 * Add Nightly GNOME and KDM splash. Thanks to Robert Jahene.

The remaining work to do is related to Usplash theme.
It introduces usplash-theme-debian-desktop package and will need to go through
NEW queue. At least, basic infrastructure to build usplash theme was added to
desktop-base but the current USplash theme is unfinished as it needs a proper
progress bar.

TODO:

- Upload desktop-base 5.0.1 with usplash-theme-debian-desktop included if
someone step up to finish the theme or without usplash-theme-debian-desktop
by disabling the package in debian/control.
- Bug GNOME people for including GDM MoreBlue Orbit theme.

I made a theme of MoreBlue Orbit for GDM. Is here:
http://www.debianart.org/cchost/people/si0ux/si0ux_-_MoreBlue_Orbit_1.zip

I'm not certain about the use of the 'Debian text' or swirl. Please update your KDM theme....

Thanks!

- Ask for a freeze exception request.

See you in 2 weeks.

cheers,