Re: Default .desktop files on desktop

On Thursday 13 September 2007, Martin Braure de Calignon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please apologize me if this is not the good ml to ask for.
> Well, I've saw that desktop-base provides .desktop files
> in /usr/share/desktop-base
> But unfortunately, these desktop icons does not appear on my desktop.
>
> How can I do this (without linking files or copy them). Is there a
> standard way of adding some .desktop files on the Desktop of all my
> users ?
> I'm currently running gnome on sid.

There's xdg-desktop-icon from the xdg-utils package, that's for the current
user only though.

To do it for all users in gnome you probably need to create and load an
extra gconf configuration source that adds in the desktop icons (or adapt
an already existing one). The Sabayon tool should help you do that.
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)