Re: GNOME App Install

> But there are still some open question that are worth a discussion. On
> of the main concepts of g-a-i is to make enabling additional and third
> party repositories as easy as possible. But do we want this in Debian?
I think we should do this.

> The application data will be separated into three packages:
> app-install-data-debian-main, app-install-data-debian-contrib and
> app-install-data-non-free.

the number of .desktop files in contrib and non-free is too low

> 1. The Ubuntu way: Shipping the data for all applications of main,
> contrib and non-free by default, excluding the icons, using filters to
> select the level of freedom and defaulting to only show applications of
> main. The filters could be the following:
>
> all applications (main, contrib, non-free), only Free Debian
> applications (main), only installed applications
>
> (we don't need to promote third party applications and we do not support
> non-free applications)

This seems to be the right way.

I have a package at jak-linux.org, see
	http://jak-linux.org/.tmp/sexy-python_0.1.9-1.dsc
--
Julian Andres Klode

IRC Nickname:   juliank (Debian/OFTC + Freenode)
Fellow of FSFE: https://www.fsfe.org/en/fellows/jak (No. 1049)
Debian Wiki:    http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode
Ubuntu Wiki:    http://wiki.ubuntu.com/JulianAndresKlode
In Launchpad:   https://launchpad.net/~juliank
Packages Overv: http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=jak@jak-linux.org
Languages:      German, English, [bit French]