Re: A common Debian style for Debian Installer and the desktop

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 21:25, André Luiz Rodrigues Ferreira wrote:
> Can we prepare an other GTK theme, using other gtk2 engine?

In theory, yes. But there are technical issues that need to be considered.
For example, we partly ended up with the Clearlooks engine because it
solved a bug with some display issues we were having.

Also, switching to a different engine means that we need to change the
existing udeb or create a new one, so it is not trivial. Testing with a
different engine should be possible without creating a udeb for it
though.

Size, dependencies and memory usage of the engine are important too.

So any switch to a different engine will definitely need to be discussed
with and approved by the D-I team.

Cheers,
FJP