Re: Debian objectives for lenny ... desktop

Ummm... I like this request but I'd also add:

- security out of the box (really tight with SELinux set in strict
mode, no root account login possible, etc. those running servers will
know what to do to disable it)
- profiles for everything: bash/shells accouts, gnome/kde accounts.
and let's not forget a good way to manage those profiles, like
Sabayon.

[shamelessplug]
And lastly, I'm the project leader for Splashy and I cant tell you
that this is the year of Splashy: we are going to kick some butt this
year. Splashy 0.4 is on the works and will be really improved, with a
GUI (Gsplashy), a common library (libsplashy) and stable schemas for
its XML-based themes. This will allow people to do wonderful things
with Splashy and get some real integration with the multiple
suspend-to-disk, encrypted-disk and other prompts that some power
users get at boot. All done and recognized by Splashy.

We have a meeting scheduled for next Sunday (Jan 14 @ 20:00 UTC) if
any of you want to join us.
[/shamelessplug]

On 1/6/07, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 07:28:58PM +0000, Luis Matos wrote:
> I know you are all busy with the etch release, but i will have time in
> beginning of February and i want to propose some issues, and get your
> opinion.

Great idea.
[snip]
>  - provide boot to shutdown artwork (splashy or usplash - also a
>  target for common desktop)

Yes.

--
Luis Mondesi

"Feliz el hombre que ha hallado sabiduria y el hombre que consigue
discernimiento, porque el tenerla como ganancia es mejor que tener la
plata como ganancia; y el tenerla como producto, [mejor] que el oro
mismo" (Prov 3:13-14).