Re: Etch splash screen

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> >But this one is not my favourite. I prefer the second one [2], but as
> >lool said me on IRC, the more important is to have a consistent splash
> >screen accross desktop environments, and thus only use the one from
> >desktop-base. I agree with that, and would like to ask the list if there
> >was some consensus about splash screen (and wallpaper, maybe), or if it
> >was just a random choice, and if it was changeable etc.
>
> I agree with lool and the
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktopArtwork/EtchRC1 was discussed here
> a while ago, you were on that thread too. There was no vote, but we
> decided to move forward with what we had.

 I think we picked up André's theme because it was consistent and rather
 complete.  It was nice to have it around for the technical
 implementation of the desktop-base integration, and we learned a lot of
 it (for example the gdm requirements, the non-support of some SVG
 variations in KDE etc.).

 Now, I'm happy if we ship etch with this theme or with another better
 one; I think there's still time to update desktop-base with new data
 files, even if I personally don't consider this to be necessary (IOW:
 it's cosmetic and not risky, I don't care one way or the other).

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>
 "I have no strong feelings one way or the other." -- Neutral President