Re: Etch splash screen

On 12/4/06, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@corsac.net> wrote:
In current desktop-base, the splash screen is [1]. I guess nobody really
choose it, and because it was the first available from this page and
only Andre made artworks for Etch, this one was chosen. I really want to
thanks Andre for your work :)

Hi Yves,

The splash screen isn't [1] and never was. We're using the one here:
http://cdd.debian-br.org/~si0ux/artwork/debian/splash/gnome-splash-curves.png

But this one is not my favourite. I prefer the second one [2], but as
lool said me on IRC, the more important is to have a consistent splash
screen accross desktop environments, and thus only use the one from
desktop-base. I agree with that, and would like to ask the list if there
was some consensus about splash screen (and wallpaper, maybe), or if it
was just a random choice, and if it was changeable etc.

I agree with lool and the
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktopArtwork/EtchRC1 was discussed here
a while ago, you were on that thread too. There was no vote, but we
decided to move forward with what we had. I think we can document and
review our process during lenny development cycle. Thoughts?

(...)

regards,
-- stratus