#397716 - please provide a debian-icon on the default desktop install, not an ubuntu one

Hi,

I filled this as #397716 and have received no reply yet, thats why I bring it
up here. Besides the issue brought up in the report it also brings up another
interesting question: is there a way to detect if a buildd is building for
debian or ubuntu? I can make up a rules file for manual building which
chooses the right logo based on an environment variable, but I have no idea
how one could do this for autobuilding...

package: update-manager
version: 0.42.2ubuntu22
severity: important
tags: patch

Hi,

last weekend I did a etch default debian install, in which gnome is the
default desktop environment. update-manager is installed as a part of it, and
accessable over the Desktop/Administration/update-manager menu. The icon for
the menu shows a cd with an ubuntu-logo, which I think is very bad marketing
for debian.

So I propose to change it (in debian :) to the attached file.

The file is located in the source-package at
update-manager-$version/data/icons/48x48/software-properties.png

regards,
        Holger

P.S.: in case of licence||copyright questions: that file is made by me and
based on the original software-properties.png and the debian-logo from
www.debian.org.

P.P.S.: _I_ do think this is somewhat release critical :-D