There should be a default icon theme for gnome/KDE/whatever that is appealing

Subject: desktop-base: There should be a default icon theme for
gnome/KDE/whatever that is appealing
Package: desktop-base
Version: 0.3.16
Severity: important

*** Please type your report below this line ***

There should be a default theme that would be appealing for users that
is not the default gnome theme. My choice would be tango [1]* that is
largely used by other applications also (that could be turned default),
or suede [2].

I think this is important to improve debian desktop user experience,
mostly new users, to have a nice desktop environment.

* tango is considered non-free by debian policy because of CC-AS
license, true?

[2] http://packages.debian.org/gnome-icon-theme-suede

-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (990, 'testing')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Shell:  /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.15-1-amd64-k8
Locale: LANG=pt_PT@euro, LC_CTYPE=pt_PT@euro (charmap=ISO-8859-15)

desktop-base depends on no packages.

Versions of packages desktop-base recommends:
ii  firefox [www-browser] 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.3-2 lightweight web browser
based on M
ii  mozilla-browser [www- 2:1.7.12-1.1       The Mozilla Internet
application s
ii  w3m [www-browser]     0.5.1-4            WWW browsable pager with
excellent

-- no debconf information