Some questions about 'menu' and 'submount/supermount'

I am a debian user for a long time, but I am new in
this list. So I don't know all projects and proposals
that already was debated here. But I will say some
ideas that I have in my mind, that I don't see in
debian and that I think that could be useful. If the
group already have any position about some project,
please tell me what is this position.

 1- Currently, the "Gnome Menu", has only gnome
programs, and in the end we have a "Debian Menu" with
all system files. In KDE, we have the KDE menu, and
the "Debian Menu" splited between the categories of
"KDE Menu". In Blackbox, we have the "Debian Menu" as
the default menu.
    I think that a good project would be to
standardize all the menus of all the Desktops to be
the "Debian Menu", including the KDE and the GNOME
menus. Moreover, it would be necessary to rediscuss
the organization of the "Debian Menu", I think that
the organization of the programs in the submenus could
be redone.

 2- Include some packages with the module of
supermount or submount and other with the source, like
we have to pcmcia modules, nvidia modules, alsa
modules... Supermount/Submount are useful and
'necessary' service to a good desktop, IMO.

Thanks for the attention,
Leonardo Lopes Pereira