D3

I'm sitting on a train going from Madrid to Castellón (Spanish
territory), where the CDD-DevCamp will be held since tomorrow (Thursday)
and Friday. I don't even know if I'm gonna be able to get this mail out
by today. I hope so, otherwise it'll be on my Evo queue until I get an
Internet connection.

Rob Taylor and myself will be attending this event representing the
Debian Desktop subproject effort (also and better known as the Debian
Desktop Distribution).

My first concern in the event is, obviously how it will be, but also
what is the current aim for the D3 effort. I've been trying to work
independently on the dcontrol thing, some other guys are giving this
mailing list life by announcing and asking for help on any front on the
YaST4Debian thing. Some others announcements has been sent, splashy just
this week and also a very, very important thing: the installer for the
D3 CDD, discussion held last March.

What other things would you guys would like to bring to the table on the
CDD event. This will also be our time to cooperate actively with the CDD
group, not only on a 'catchie' position, but also as a generator of
effective tools for bringing the Desktop aim to the Debian platform.

It would be nice for me, and I think for Rob too, to read a few
suggestions here, regarding the CDD inclination. A real true example of
an effective subproject on Debian converted into a CDD is Debian-NP. D3
is also possible.

Thanks and sorry for the missing references, as I am in the train, can't
get them easily :-)

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net> | http://www.damog.net/
 If you want a friend in Mexico City, get a dog.