Re: Fonts and X startup

devis wrote:

Hello,

I have a simple easy to reproduce 'malfunction' and i will love to know how to resolve it. If i use a DM ( kdm, gdm ) to log into X, my fonts are somewhat 1/2 the size of when using startx. This is on sarge and sid installs. I have tried with no effect to modify my gtkrc as well as kdm and gdm configuration to no effect. It seems that the Display Manager always has control and i want that behavior to stop.

Thank you for any insights.

-d

There is probably a problem with your dpi, setting. I don't know how to change this with startx, but gnome and kde have it as an option in their control panels I think (I know gnome does in the font control panel).

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-land.com