Re: Debian GNOME theming

Maybe we should give the possibility to choose "styles". I mean, debblue (deblue.debian.net) is actually quite complete, except widget styles. I know absolutely nohing about theming and debian packaging, but would like to help. Can someone recommend any howtos/tutorials?

Thomas Jollans

there is a package called galternatives that chooses the gtk theme to be default. There would be nice to include also e debian-desktop package some script for make this choice, but in a general vision (gtk/kde default splash, wallpapper, bootsplash theme and grub/lilo theme), width the option to choose a custom one. The use of hard links (ln -s) can do this job right, replacing the current default links, not?
One theme should contain everything.

/usr/share/debian-desktop/themes/theme_one/gtk/wallpapper.png
/usr/share/debian-desktop/themes/theme_one/gtk/splash.png
/usr/share/debian-desktop/themes/theme_one/gtk/desktop-theme/
/usr/share/debian-desktop/themes/theme_one/gtk/manager-theme/
/usr/share/debian-desktop/themes/theme_one/kde/wallpapper.png
/usr/share/debian-desktop/themes/theme_one/kde/splash.png
/usr/share/debian-desktop/themes/theme_one/kde/desktop-theme/
/usr/share/debian-desktop/themes/theme_one/kde/manager-theme/
/usr/share/debian-desktop/themes/theme_one/grub/
/usr/share/debian-desktop/themes/theme_one/lilo/
/usr/share/debian-desktop/themes/theme_one/put_it_here/

for example ...

Another item is the user space slash for the boot ... how is the work on that going?

Luis Matos