Re: Debian GNOME theming

Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:

[I think this discussion belongs on debian-desktop, but I'm
cross-posting to debian-gtk-gnome as I know many people will be
interested in any possible changes -- I have set the reply to to the
debian-desktop list]

Hey,

Again, the same problem comes up: someone doesn't like the splash screen
that is being used by default. See http://bugs.debian.org/288393.

What do you think about this issue?

I think we badly need a 'theming' team. Maybe someone from the
debian-desktop effort would like to cooperate with me and the
maintainers involved so we can have a coherent and beautiful
Debian-themed desktop system?

We can go from grub, through the boot splash efforts that are being
undertaken, GDM/KDM, splash and background, default theme and all this.
Any takers?

Thanks,

Maybe we should give the possibility to choose "styles". I mean, debblue (deblue.debian.net) is actually quite complete, except widget styles. I know absolutely nohing about theming and debian packaging, but would like to help. Can someone recommend any howtos/tutorials?

Thomas Jollans