Re: Usermode splash screen/boot. what's the best approach?

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 09:14 am, website wrote:
> Hello to all.
> For now the main under developing project of bootsplash in userspace is
> usplash or ubuntusplash or miscrosplash. here is the main page:
> http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/USplash
>
> As you can see the main idea is:
<snip>

> So, what is the best approach that people that writes on this mailing list
> approve?

Ok, I am ignorant about why there is a need to re-invent the wheel, so to
speak.  RH, SuSE, Knoppix, and others seem to have a working graphical boot.
What is stopping Debian from utilizing or improving upon one of these
methods?  Are they not Open Source and GPL'ed?  Is that the issue, or does it
have something to do with the kernel?

Thanks.
--
peace,