Re: usplash or fbsplash?

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 21:22:34 +0000, Glyn Tebbutt
<plastic_d3c3it@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 11:27 -0500, Luis M wrote:
> > On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:52:03 +0100, website <website_debian@tiscali.it> wrote:
> Hi guys
> Sorry for the lack of emails etc i've been really busy with work, server
> installs etc blahblah

:-) fun and games.

> anyway from what ive been reading from all the mails, i think depsplash
> should be dumped as ubuntu is debian based, usplash looks more promising
> thou as for the user space idea and no kernel space, but it interests me
> alot as ubuntu is debian based, so thats my little idea into the ring
> Later fellas

As soon as usplash materializes, this is the trend. For now, debsplash
is the only choice (or port bootsplash again to whatever later kernel
comes out).

I just finished packaging debsplash-{utils,themes} and the kernel
patch. But, I ran into a nice problem with some scsi drivers and now I
can't use debsplash to test the boot progressbar in that system. I'm
looking for a better way to allow the initrd stuff to be loaded, or,
debsplash is dead here and now and we should start usplash ASAP.

--
Luis M

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html