Re: (sid) kde3.3 - X performance

You're right, I'm sorry...
I forgot to specify! What I mean is : with the same hardware (an IBM Thinkpad R40e) comparing windoze XP performance and the debian/kde3.3 ones it results slower with debian, let's say less reactive to the user... Is there a way to optimize the performance of the graphical environment (i.e. high priority to X)? I can't believe XP graphical engine runs faster than kde! I found an answer to my question on another debian ML suggesting me to execute the prelink command, unfortunately there are no significant improvement. What I'm trying to obtain is a fully graphical oriented workstation (no ip_forwarding, no fw rules, no servers), i've just recompiled the kernel (2.6.8.1) and the performance are surely better than before, but i need more..

tnx