Re: YaST2 for Debian (aka nYaST)

Hi there!

First of all I would like to introduce myself, I'm finishing my studies in
computer science (actualy computer engineering) at the Facultat d'Informatica
de Barcelona. I have been involved in the GNU/Linux world for 6 years (if my
memory doesn't fail ;-). I'm Linux teacher, sysadmin, sometimes develeoper but
above all a GNU/Linux fan who loves this world and filosofy. I'm also about to
start an open source company with some friends of mine.

OK, this is me, now hands on work:

To get the grade we make a project of about 600 hours although I have to say
that some of them (about 150/200) are the "get involved and used to the
environment time" meaning that with these ones left I have about 400 hours
(starting in February) to this project. My dedication would be a mean of 4/6
hours a day, not bad... hopefully we could have a first pre-release in july.

I also have to say (believe me or not ;-) that before reading your post, some
weeks ago, I was thinking about the exactly same idea as my project.

Well, as you can see I have huge motivations to get involved seriously into
this project and as we normaly don't get money for the hours of dedication in
our projects (I mean the ones  at the University) earning no money for them is
not a problem ;-)

About the hardware I have only i386 machines (a lot of them! :-) I'm not sure
if I could get some other stuff, I'd have to ask to the University...

And if you are interested in my skills check out my cv:

http://linux-labs.net/ramon

OK, if you think we can cooperate let me know.

Cheers.

Ramon