Re: fbsplash: introducing fbplash in debian (howto)

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:47:41 +0200, website <website_debian@tiscali.it> wrote:
> On Sunday 10 October 2004 21:33, Matthew A. Nicholson wrote:
> > Bluefuture wrote:
> > > In the meantime fbsplash will be officially introduced in debian, and
<snip>
> experimental kernel image compatible with fbsplash. Note that to work the
> kernel image must to doesn't use initrd images, that are used in the official
> debian kernel.

Uh? I guess you mean "Note that to make fbsplash work, you must not
use initrd images..."
If this is true, I'm glad because I have stopped using initrd's since
a loooong time ago. I just compile-in what I need in my kernels to
work for my boxes :-) (as everybody else who dares to compile the
kernel does of course).

Now, if initrd is needed. I guess I'll have to recompile my kernels
with that option. Not a problem (unless i start getting stupid
errors).

I'm about to test my first attempt! I have already created grub-themes
and gdm-themes based on Debian-Mist. Will post back later with details
if anyone cares.

--
Luis M

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html