Re: [Fwd: Re: Debian-update Gnome applet]

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:58:58 -0500, Daniel Burrows <dnb114@psu.edu> wrote:

  There isn't a notification-area applet right now because a Gnome
applet is superior for my personal use, and I wanted to start with the
UI that I would want to use.  Plus, the notification-area only lets you
show an icon IIRC, so it's not really an option until I have icons to show.
(it's also not obvious how to create a notification-area
applet...although I don't suppose the documentation could possibly be
worse than that for the Gnome libraries)

I could help ya with writing the notification app. I have read about it and looked at source code. Aparently you are supposed to be able to put more than an icon there, but I assume by convention that is all that has been put there. Also both kde and gnome have session management and you could use that to restart the app.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-Land.com