Re: bootsplash as kernel binary module

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 23:04, Matthew A. Nicholson wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:49:01 +0100, Christoffer Sawicki <qerub@home.se>
> wrote:
>
> >> now, since the kernel is GPL'ed and, I wonder what kind of license the
> >> splashFX stuff for Xandros actually has... is there source somewhere
> >> that can be (safely) used?
> >
> > IANAL but I bet splashFX is GPL'ed.
> > And yes, I found a patch at
> > http://xandros.jammys.net/patches/001splashFX.diff
> >
> > */ Christoffer Sawicki <qerub@home.se>
> >

> It seems lindows uses splashfx as well.
>
> --
> Matthew A. Nicholson
> Matt-Land.com

Yes, the more I look about it online, the more Lindows kept popping up.
It's a shame that Lindows started before anybody else with a
Debian-based distro for the desktop and they have not got anything as
sophisticated and well done as Xandros has. Xandros has definitely blown
my mind ... and made me think about a plethora of things that are needed
for Debian-Desktop to actually take off... Dying to talk on that
"meeting" about these and other things.

Talking about that meeting, no one has said anything about it. It'll be
on Sunday 29th right?

--
Luis M

lemsx1@latinomixed.com
Besides, I think Slackware sounds better than 'Microsoft,' don't you? --
Patrick Volkerding

http://www.latinomixed.com/