Debian derivatives census: Volumio: welcome!

Hi Aurélien,

I would like to welcome yourself and Volumio to the Debian derivatives
census! Would you like to take this opportunity to introduce yourself
and Volumio to us all?

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Volumio

It would be great if you could fill as many of the fields on your
census page as you have data for.

It would be great if you could join our mailing list and IRC channel:

https://wiki.debian.org/DerivativesFrontDesk

I would encourage you to look at Debian's guidelines for derivatives:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines

You may want to look at our census QA page, some of the mails from
there may apply to Volumio.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA

You don't appear to be subscribed to the Volumio census page,
I've made a few changes to the Volumio census page:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Volumio?action=info

Would it be possible for you to add the Volumio sources.list to the
wiki page? This will eventually help feed back patches and new packages
to Debian developers.

I note that Volumio is based on Debian stable. A great way to help
ensure that the next Debian release is working well is to install and
run the how-can-i-help tool and try to work on any issues that come up.

https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help
https://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=837
https://packages.debian.org/unstable/how-can-i-help

The page is missing a dpkg vendor field. It is important that Debian
derivatives set this properly on installed systems and mention the
value of the field in the derivatives census.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines#Vendor

I've added the Volumio blog to Planet Debian derivatives which helps
the Debian community find out the things that are happening in the
world of Debian derivatives.

https://planet.debian.org/deriv/

Since Volumio is based in Italy you might be interested in joining
one of the local Debian groups in Italy.

https://wiki.debian.org/LocalGroups#Italy

Next year the annual Debian conference is in Haifa, Israel. It would be
great if developers from Volumio could attend DebConf. If this isn't
possible, the following year DebConf could be in India, Sweden, Kosovo
or Portugal.

https://debconf20.debconf.org/
https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/21

I would encourage the Volumio company to contribute financially to
ensure the continued survival of Debian and the success of the annual
Debian conference.

https://www.debian.org/donations
https://debconf.org/sponsors/
https://debconf20.debconf.org/sponsors/become-a-sponsor/

I would encourage any attendees to volunteer to ensure the continued
the success of the annual Debian conference, here are some examples of
things that need helpers.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/19/Volunteer
https://debconf-video-team.pages.debian.net/docs/volunteer_roles.html

If any future Volumio company paid positions are about contributing to
FLOSS projects, you could advertise them on FOSSjobs. If any of the
future positions are related to using or contributing to Debian, you
could advertise them on debian-jobs. If any of them involve the use of
FLOSS, you might like to advertise them on the other FLOSS related job
aggregators. In addition, one of the perks for DebConf sponsors is a
presence at the job fair.

https://www.fossjobs.net/
https://lists.debian.org/debian-jobs/
https://github.com/fossjobs/fossjobs/wiki/resources#job-aggregators
https://debconf20.debconf.org/sponsors/become-a-sponsor/

I note that Volumio uses multistrap and I believe that it is obsoleted
by mmdebstrap, I would encourage you to migrate to that and pass any
feedback you have on the migration along to the maintainer.

I note that Volumio uses some non-x86 architectures, I would encourage
you to provide help porting Debian to those architectures.

https://www.debian.org/ports/
https://wiki.debian.org/Ports

Please feel free to circulate this mail within the Volumio team.

pabsVolumio
https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise