Debian derivatives census: TTOS Linux: welcome!

Hi Tom,

I would like to welcome yourself and TTOS Linux to the Debian
derivatives census! Would you like to take this opportunity to
introduce yourself and TTOS Linux to us all?

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/ttos

It would be great if you could bring your census page into sync with
the template and fill in as many of the fields as you have data for.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusTemplate

It would be great if you could join our mailing list and IRC channel:

https://wiki.debian.org/DerivativesFrontDesk

I would encourage you to look at Debian's guidelines for derivatives:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines

You may want to look at our census QA page, some of the mails from
there may apply to TTOS Linux.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA

You don't appear to be subscribed to the TTOS Linux census page,
I've made a few changes to the TTOS Linux census page:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/ttos?action=info

You don't appear to be subscribed to the TTOS Linux census error
output, please add a line containing email addresses:

 * Subscribers: someone@example.org

There appears to be a strange issue with the website. Depending on the
client IP address, files being downloaded over unencrypted http are
replaced with HTML and TLS connections fail due to random errors.

$ curl -s http://www.ttpc-systems.com/repository/apt/debian/dists/Boston/InRelease | head -n1
$ ssh lw08.debian.org curl -s http://www.ttpc-systems.com/repository/apt/debian/dists/Boston/InRelease | head -n1
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd";>
$ curl -s https://www.ttpc-systems.com/repository/apt/debian/dists/Boston/InRelease | head -n1
lw08$ curl https://www.ttpc-systems.com/repository/apt/debian/dists/Boston/InRelease
curl: (35) error:14077438:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert internal error
lw08$ curl https://www.ttpc-systems.com/repository/apt/debian/dists/Boston/InRelease
curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to www.ttpc-systems.com:443

The apt repository for TTOS Linux does not contain source packages,
including for packages licensed under the GNU GPL (such as libresonic).
This may or may not be a copyright violation depending on whether or
not you distribute those elsewhere. In any case, please add source
packages to your repository so that Debian can automatically create
patches to be presented to Debian package maintainers.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA#No_source_packages
https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Integration#Patches

Some of the Release files in the apt repository for TTOS Linux are
missing the Valid-Until header, which allows clients to find out when
active network attackers are holding back newer Release files. At
minimum, rolling releases and suites containing security updates should
have this header. With reprepro you can use the ValidFor config option.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianRepository/Format#Date.2C_Valid-Until

I note that TTOS Linux is based on Debian stable. The Debian release
team recently released a timeline for the freeze for the next Debian
stable release. I would encourage you to review it and prepare your
plans for rebasing on the next Debian release (buster).

https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/a2975757-79b9-9122-38b2-0b2c577a7f83@debian.org
https://release.debian.org/#updates

A great way to help ensure that the next Debian release is working well
is to install and run the how-can-i-help tool and try to work on any
issues that come up.

https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help
https://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=837
https://packages.debian.org/unstable/how-can-i-help

Once the website issue is fixed, the TTOS Linux blog and developer blog
can be syndicated on Planet Debian derivatives and will help the Debian
community find out the things that are happening in TTOS Linux.

https://planet.debian.org/deriv/

Since TTOS Linux is based in New York, USA, you might be interested in
joining the DebianNYC group.

https://wiki.debian.org/LocalGroups#NY_-_New_York
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianNYC

This year the annual Debian conference is in Curitiba, Brazil. It would
be great if developers from TTOS Linux could attend DebConf. If this
isn't possible, next year DebConf will be in Haifa, Israel.

https://debconf$dcyear.debconf.org/

I would encourage TTPC Systems USA (the TTOS Linux corporate sponsor)
to contribute financially to ensure the continued survival of Debian
and the success of the annual Debian conference.

https://www.debian.org/donations
https://debconf.org/sponsors/
https://debconf17.debconf.org/sponsors/become-a-sponsor/

I would encourage any attendees to volunteer to ensure the continued
the success of the annual Debian conference, here are some examples of
things that need helpers.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/19/Volunteer
https://debconf-video-team.pages.debian.net/docs/volunteer_roles.html

The Distribution type field should list the types of distro that TTOS
Linux is separated by commas rather than pipe characters.

Please feel free to circulate this mail within the TTOS Linux team.

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise