Debian derivatives census: Meilix: welcome!

Hi Nisarg,

I would like to welcome yourself and Meilix to the Debian derivatives
census! Would you like to take this opportunity to introduce yourself
and Meilix to us all?

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Meilix

It would be great if you could join our mailing list and IRC channel:

https://wiki.debian.org/DerivativesFrontDesk

I would encourage you to look at Debian's guidelines for derivatives:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines

You may want to look at our census QA page, some of the mails from
there may apply to Meilix.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA

You don't appear to be subscribed to the Meilix census page, I've made
a few changes:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Meilix?action=info

I note that Meilix is based on Ubuntu, but on the census page you have
indicated that Meilix is based on Debian unstable. Are you planning on
a transition to being based on Debian? If yes, please give some
details.

The page also says that Meilix modifies some of Debian binary packages.
It is quite rare that distributions modify Debian binary packages
instead of modifying source packages and rebuilding them. Does Meilix
actually do this? If so could you describe what kind of modifications
you are making? If not I guess the page needs to be fixed.

Would it be possible for you to add the Meilix sources.list to the wiki
page? This will eventually help feed back patches and new packages to
Debian developers.

The page is missing a dpkg vendor field. It is important that Debian
derivatives set this properly on installed systems and mention the
value of the field in the derivatives census.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines#Vendor

We are adding the Meilix blog to Planet Debian derivatives which helps
the Debian community find out the things that are happening in the
world of Debian derivatives.

https://planet.debian.org/deriv/

Next year the annual Debian conference is in Brazil. It would be great
if developers from Meilix could attend DebConf.

https://debconf19.debconf.org/

I would encourage any attendees to volunteer to ensure the continued
the success of the annual Debian conference, here are some examples of
things that need helpers.

https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/VolunteerCoordination

A great way to help ensure that the next Debian release is working well
is to install and run the how-can-i-help tool and try to work on any
issues that come up.

https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help
https://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=837
https://packages.debian.org/unstable/how-can-i-help

Please feel free to circulate this mail within the Meilix team.

--
Anastasia Tsikoza
Debian Derivatives Team Intern