Re: Debian derivatives census: BunsenLabs Linux: welcome!

On 2017-04-10 15:42, Paul Wise wrote:
On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 2:15 PM, John Crawley (johnraff) wrote:
We now have a dedicated "News" html page:
https://www.bunsenlabs.org/news.html
and RSS feed:
https://www.bunsenlabs.org/feed/news/atom

Hmm, the new page points at a different page for its RSS. Could you
change the RSS <link> tag so it works with standard RSS autodiscovery?

Now done. The RSS link in the <head> of https://www.bunsenlabs.org/news.html points to https://www.bunsenlabs.org/feed/news/atom

It might also be a good idea  to have an <a> link to the RSS feed,
with an RSS icon.

This will also be added soon.

so I wonder if it would be possible for you to use one of the above for our
PD feed, and stop using the Forum Announcements page?

Sure, but ...

...the 'Blog:' field on our census page, but maybe it would
be better changed to our html "News" page
(https://www.bunsenlabs.org/news.html)?

That sounds like the right thing to do. The RSS feed URL in the Planet
Derivatives is derived from the blog URL in your census page. So,
please update the census page to change the blog URL to your new news
page and fix the RSS autodiscovery issues I mentioned above, then
planet will be semi-automatically updated.

I've set the "Blog:" field on the census page to https://www.bunsenlabs.org/news.html, whose RSS link now points to our "news" RSS field. Does that sound right?

When you have time, could you get our Planet Debian feed from there, or will it happen automatically anyway?

Many thanks for your help!

--
John