Debian derivatives census: ubilinux: welcome!

Hi Mark,

I would like to welcome yourself and ubilinux to the Debian derivatives
census! Would you like to take this opportunity to introduce yourself
and ubilinux to us all?

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/ubilinux

It would be great if you could join our mailing list and IRC channel:

https://wiki.debian.org/DerivativesFrontDesk

I would encourage you to look at Debian's guidelines for derivatives:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines

You may want to look at our census QA page, some of the mails from
there may apply to ubilinux.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA

You don't appear to be subscribed to the ubilinux census page,
I've made a few changes to the ubilinux census page:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/ubilinux?action=info

I found it difficult to download ubilinux, it would be great if that
was possible to do without JavaScript being enabled.

The "Debian derivative model" field is still at the default, it would
be great if that could be filled out, it helps other folks understand
how ubilinux derivation process works.

Would it be possible for you to add the ubilinux sources.list to the
wiki page? This will eventually help feed back patches and new packages
to Debian developers.

The page is missing a dpkg vendor field. It is important that Debian
derivatives set this properly on installed systems and mention the
value of the field in the derivatives census.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines#Vendor

I would like to suggest that Emutex add a ubilinux tag to posts that
are about or mention ubilinux. If the resulting tag page had an RSS
feed, then that could be syndicated on Planet Debian derivatives and
would help the Debian community find out news about ubilinux.

https://emutex.com/about-us/news/
http://planet.debian.org/deriv/

Since ubilinux is based in Ireland you might be interested in joining
the Debian group in Dublin.

https://wiki.debian.org/LocalGroups#Ireland

This year the annual Debian conference is in Montreal, Canada. It would
be great if developers from ubilinux could attend DebConf17. If this
isn't possible, next year DebConf will be in Hsinchu, Taiwan.

https://debconf17.debconf.org/

I would encourage Emutex (the ubilinux corporate sponsor) to contribute
financially to ensure the continued survival of Debian and the success
of the annual Debian conference.

https://www.debian.org/donations
https://debconf.org/sponsors/
https://debconf17.debconf.org/sponsors/become-a-sponsor/

I would encourage any attendees to volunteer to ensure the continued
the success of the annual Debian conference, here are some examples of
things that need helpers.

https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/VolunteerCoordination

I note that ubilinux is based on Debian unstable. A great way to help
ensure that it is working well is to install and run the how-can-i-help
tool and try to work on any issues that come up.

https://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=837
https://packages.debian.org/unstable/how-can-i-help
https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help

I note that your description of ubilinux mentions some Linux kernel
patches, I would encourage your developers to work on getting those
patches included upstream in the Linux kernel mainline:

https://kernelnewbies.org/UpstreamMerge

Please note that LXDE is being replaced with LXQt.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/LXQtPackagingTeam

You might want to consider adding DNSSEC and TLSA records to your
domains. You might also want to add HTTP security headers.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Guidelines/Web_Security

Please feel free to circulate this mail within the ubilinux team.

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise