Re: New derivatives page on Debian website

On Mon, 2017-06-05 at 23:12 +0200, Stéphane Blondon wrote:

> No, because I didn't find what to ask specifically.

I thought I was fairly specific in the mail where I suggested the
mails, I would be happy to clarify if needed.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2017/01/msg00163.html

The mail you sent was a single thread cross-posted to many lists,
instead of multiple individual threads addressing the specific items,
posted to the specific lists relevant to the items.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2017/02/msg00006.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2017/02/msg00005.html

> I wrote new paragraphs and add some info in older ones.
> The result is displayed at
> http://stephane.yaal.fr/tmp/derivatives-page/Debian%20--%20Debian%20derivatives.html

The changes look mostly reasonable, I'll fix the issues I can see once
you have committed your changes to the website, please do that soon.

> I wonder if it's a good idea. It's probably a good idea but where is the
> limit if in the future other derivative requests to be added to the list?
>
> If we add the list, I would suggest Ubuntu (probably the most famous
> derivatives) and Tails.

We should not add any list of derivatives to the website until there
has been a Debian-wide discussion about whether we should list
derivatives on the website and if so, the criteria for this listing,
and the addition/removal processes, as I suggested in my earlier mail:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2017/01/msg00163.html

BTW, some posts that might be interesting to read before starting the
discussion about which derivatives to list:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2014/05/msg00063.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-derivatives/2012/01/msg00005.html

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise