Debian derivatives census: Serbian GNU/Linux: welcome!

Hi Debian Srbija :)

I would like to welcome yourself and Serbian GNU/Linux to the Debian
derivatives census! Would you like to take this opportunity to introduce
yourself and Serbian GNU/Linux to us all?

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/SerbianLinux

It would be great if you could join our mailing list and IRC channel:

https://wiki.debian.org/DerivativesFrontDesk

I would encourage you to look at Debian's guidelines for derivatives:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines

You may want to look at our census QA page, some of the mails from there
may apply to Serbian GNU/Linux.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA

You don't appear to be subscribed to the Serbian GNU/Linux census page,
I've made a few changes to the Serbian GNU/Linux census page:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/SerbianLinux?action=info

Generally we prefer the census page maintainer to be a human rather than
an address for a group of people.

The page says that Serbian GNU/Linux modifies Debian binary packages. It
is quite rare that distributions modify Debian binary packages instead
of modifying source packages and rebuilding them. Does Serbian GNU/Linux
actually do this? If so could you describe what kind of modifications
you are making? If not I guess the page needs to be fixed.

Would it be possible for you to add the Serbian GNU/Linux sources.list
to the wiki page? This will eventually help feed back patches and new
packages to Debian developers.

The page is missing a dpkg vendor field. It is important that Debian
derivatives set this properly on installed systems and mention the value
of the field in the derivatives census.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines#Vendor

I've added the Serbian GNU/Linux blog to Planet Debian derivatives which
helps the Debian community find out the things that are happening in the
world of Debian derivatives.

http://planet.debian.org/deriv/

There doesn't appear to be a blog aggregator for Serbian GNU/Linux
developers. If it existed it would be syndicated on Planet Debian
derivatives and would help the Debian community find out the things that
are happening in Serbian GNU/Linux.

http://planet.debian.org/deriv/

This year the annual Debian conference is in Germany. This isn't
particularly far from Serbia, it would be great if developers from
Serbian GNU/Linux could attend DebConf. If this isn't possible,
next year DebConf will be in South Africa.

http://debconf15.debconf.org/

I would encourage any attendees to volunteer to ensure the continued the
success of the annual Debian conference, here are some examples of
things that need helpers.

https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/VolunteerCoordination

I note that Serbian GNU/Linux is based on Debian stable. The Debian
release team recently released a status report for the next Debian
stable release. I would encourage you to review it and prepare your
plans for rebasing on the next Debian release (jessie).

https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2015/03/msg00002.html
https://release.debian.org/jessie/freeze_policy.html

A great way to help ensure that the next Debian release working well is
to install and run the how-can-i-help tool and try to work on any issues
that come up.

http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=837
https://packages.debian.org/unstable/how-can-i-help
https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help

I note that Serbian GNU/Linux uses KDE and Openbox, I would encourage
you to provide feedback and fixes to their Debian maintainers.

https://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/openbox

Please feel free to circulate this mail within the Serbian GNU/Linux team.

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise