debdiff module for various QA webapps

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 10:58:20AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Add a debdiff service to snapshot.d.o for just-in-time diffs.

FWIW, I'd like to add such a feature to sources.d.n too.

As such a feature seems to be a common feature request, it'd be nice to
have something reusable.  Essentially, I think we need something quite
simple, i.e.:

- a debdiff front-end, usable by various webapps (which probably means
  implementing it as a Python module, nowadays)

- that renders diffs to HTML (bonus point: doing so passing through an
  intermediate diff representation, which can be machine parsable for
  further processing --- e.g. stats, patch splitting, etc --- before
  rendering)

It'd probably make sense to put such a module directly into
python-debian.

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .