Re: Popcon and version suffix in derivative packages. Wiki oudated?

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 10:05 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> I have updated the wiki page with advice from the popcon developer list:
> https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines#popcon

Great. Thank you.

> If the Extremadura government would like to enable popcon on their
> systems there should be no issues from Debian's side for the expected
> volume of reports (IIRC there would be several thousand systems
> eventually).

OK. Knowing that it will be OK on the Debian side, we'll try to obtain
our organization approval to make sure there are no privacy concerns
inside here.

Just to make it clear, our interest in having our systems included in
popcon stats is mostly for making sure the packages we use are had in
account in whatever decision is made regarding popcon usage stats for
those packages (ie. QA removal decisions).

> You can read the full thread of my discussion with the popcon developers here:
> https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/popcon-developers/2014-January/thread.html#2475

Thank you very much for your help. Best regards,

--
Alberto Caso <alberto.caso@gobex.es>

Servicio de Implantación de Sistemas.
Dir. Gral. de Administración Electrónica y Tecnologías de la
Información.
Consejería de Administración Pública.
Gobierno de Extremadura.