Re: A little help getting started?

John Moser <john.r.moser@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all.

Hello,

[...]

> This is kind of bewildering for me.  My goal is to configure a setup
> (locally on virtual machines) that essentially allows me to auto-build
> locally in two modes:
>
> -   Pull from Debian
> -   Insert my own additional packages

I began to setup a poor-man-wanna-build[1] based on rebuildd with sbuild
and reprepro[2].

The idea is simple, as soon as you upload a source package on reprepro,
it add jobs to rebuildd to build for all the other architectures.

It's far from perfect and need a little more love, but it's much more
easier to setup than wanna-build ;-)

I use it mostly to automatically build packages from git[3] using some
kind of git-to-debian-source gateway, but it's not mandatory as the
reprepro+rebuildd part only needs debian source packages.

I started this documentation after looking at vcs-pkg[4][5] project.

I hope it will help you, do not hesitate to post feedbacks ;-)

Regards.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://git.baby-gnu.net/gitweb/?p=packaging-with-dvcs.git;a=blob;f=poor-man-wanna-build.org

[2]  http://git.baby-gnu.net/gitweb/?p=packaging-with-dvcs.git;a=blob;f=reprepro-a-debian-repository.org