Re: release aliases

Paul Wise left as an exercise for the reader:
> In Debian we have long-term aliases that refer to different releases
> over time. oldstable -> lenny, stable -> squeeze and so on. For the
> derivatives census and possibly for users, it would be helpful if the
> Debian derivatives adopted this. I've added a paragraph to the
> derivatives guidelines suggesting the use of release aliases.
> Are any derivatives not using them? If so, it would be great to hear
> reasons for not using them or blockers for switching to using them?

as a rolling distro, there seems no need for us. indeed, we're about to drop
the 'unstable' moniker, which is the only release we're currently using.

--
nick black     http://www.sprezzatech.com -- unix and hpc consulting
to make an apple pie from scratch, you need first invent a universe.