Re: Debian derivatives & DebConf13

> In general DebConf doesn't usually have stands like there are at
> LinuxTag etc since it is more of a developer conference. Perhaps at
> DebianDay would be appropriate for that, but I'm not sure.

Ok, it's not so much surprising indeed.

> As far as derivatives go, usually we have a BoF where we discuss
> issues and directions for derivatives.

We're also interested in such discussion. Our main issue is to maintain
our package repository for tens of packages and at least 4 architectures
plus 2 or 3 versions of Debian. Any solution intermediary between pure
manual work (what we're doing with some helper scripts) and directly
uploading to the official Debian repository would be welcome, although
the ideal is obviously to get our packages into Debian in the end.

> In 2011 we had a derivatives panel that was fairly well attended and
> went well, video linked here:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Meetings#A2011-1
>
> I would like to repeat the panel and that would probably be the best
> way for you to present DoudouLinux. A lightning talk might be good
> too.

For sure we'd be interested in participating into such panel.

Concerning lightning talks, this is a good idea too. Should we just
follow the standard application procedure as described in the talk
submission page [1]?

[1] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Talk_submissions

Cheers,
--