Re: apt-show-versions rewrite

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 1:28 PM, nick black <nick.black@sprezzatech.com> wrote:
> As part of my RAPTORIAL project (https://github.com/dankamongmen/raptorial),
> I've implemented "rapt-show-versions", an apt-show-versions clone making use
> of my libraptorial library. This multithreaded C engine ends up being quite
> a bit faster than apt-show-versions; a single core run comes in around .21s
> whereas apt-show-versions takes about 1.01s, while allowing it to use all 4
> hyperthreaded cores drops this to .04s. We will soon begin shipping
> RAPTORIAL tools in SprezzOS.

You forgot to provide the source for your rewrite; the "library" is rather
small to have a serious look at it even through a multithreaded cache would
be interesting, but it not even builds as I miss a "blossom.h" which apt-file
couldn't tell me where to find …

> Note that I don't by any means propose replacing other APT components
> with RAPTORIAL, yet.

Based on the README the keyword in this sentence is "yet", so:
Yeah, yet an other project striking to rewrite APT in the future!

If only half the amount of time used to write all these rewrites would be
used to help the chronic under-staffed APT team … :(

Best regards

David Kalnischkies