Re: Debian presence at UDS-R - call for topics

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 04:47:32PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> For completeness, here are the topics that have been suggested in
> reply to my call for topics here, which I plan to raise during the
> session:
[…]
> - reduce the amount of packages that have been re-packaged from
>   scratch in Ubuntu, or have "forked" packaging wrt Debian (as an
>   indicator to

Ooops, I forgot a couple of points related to the above:

- ask what Debian could do to avoid Ubuntu's need to fork packages

- ask Ubuntu contributors to send a mail to inform relevant Debian
  maintainers when a UDS proposal affect their packages, so they know
  about it/ can provide feedback before implementation starts

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .