Re: Debian presence at UDS-R - call for topics

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 07:59:30PM +0200, Stefano Rivera wrote:
> I assume Zack or I will announce the scheduled time, once UDS has
> started and it's been scheduled.

The session is schedule for tomorrow, Wednesday 31 October 2012, at
16:15-17:00 (Copenhagen time, which should be 15:15-16 UTC).

For UDS participants, the room is B3-M10.  For those who want to follow
over the net, that means:

- audio feed should be the b3-m10.ogg entry listed at
  http://icecast.ubuntu.com:8000/status.xsl

- you can ask interact during the session via IRC on FreeNode, on the
  #ubuntu-uds-b3-m10 channel

- a TitanPad for minutes is available at
  http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-r/meeting/21107/community-r-debian/

There are topics from past years (which I haven't reviewed) at
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-q-debian

For completeness, here are the topics that have been suggested in reply
to my call for topics here, which I plan to raise during the session:

- support for "sid" suites in Ubuntu PPA (for completeness, I've already
  asked Canonical about this in the past, and got a "no" in reply, due
  to lack of needed resources. I'll check again tomorrow to see if
  things have changed, and anyhow to document publicly the state so that
  people would be aware of it more widely.)

- state of Debian packaging of Unity and Ubuntu One. (Probably there
  isn't much to say about this, except "it will happen sooner if you
  help :-)", but it'd be interesting to know if Ubuntu/Canonical share
  the interest of some members of our community in having such software
  in Debian)

- packages in Ubuntu Packages/Sources files missing SHA-1/SHA-256, see
  relevant entries from
  http://dex.alioth.debian.org/census/Ubuntu/check-package-list

- reduce the amount of packages that have been re-packaged from scratch
  in Ubuntu, or have "forked" packaging wrt Debian (as an indicator to
  spot them: they result in huge patches when we look at diffs in
  infrastructure tools like the derivatives census). Tentative list:

    linux
    iceweasel/firefox and other mozilla stuff
    nvidia-graphics-drivers
    chromium-browser
    wine/wine-unstable
    calligra-l10n/koffice-l10n
    kde/xfce/gnome/lxde
    edubuntu/debian-edu
    digikam
    gtkmm3.0
    kdepim
    mame
    moon
    openjdk-7
    qt4-x11
    qtwebkit-source
    quassel
    wxwidgets2.8

  ideal goal: reduce the size of
  http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/sync-blacklist.txt

- encouraging MOTUs to help the review process on the debian-mentors
  list, some starting points:

    http://mentors.debian.net/intro-reviewers
    http://wiki.debian.org/SponsorChecklist
    http://wiki.debian.org/HowToPackageForDebian#Check_points_for_any_package
    http://wiki.debian.org/LucaFalavigna/NEWChecklist

Thanks to all the people who contributed the above topics!
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .