Re: derivatives and bugs

Paul Wise left as an exercise for the reader:
> > I'd be more than happy to do this, and it looks like a good stopgap
> > solution. Thanks for the pointer.
> Great, thanks.
>
> > Looks like a workable schema, pabs.
> Thanks, I will document this in the derivatives guidelines.

Thanks for doc'ing this up. I've used your schema to mark several
release-SprezzOS, patch-SprezzOS and origin-SprezzOS usertags, and believe
I'm doing things correctly.

With our 0.0.0 release geared for Friday, SprezzOS development will be
transitioning from cosmetic/aesthetic differentiation to some major
performance-oriented projects involving dpkg parallelism [0], µarch-targeted
libraries (i.e. building with aggressive -march -mcode flags) [1], aggressive
GPU offloading [2] and compiz 0.9.8 [3] work. We're also hoping to move to
systemd asap (only time kept us from doing so in 0.0.0) The dpkg work
especially I expect/hope to float back up into Debian -- having good bugflow
will be of great utility.

Thanks, as always, for your help pabs et al!

[0] both i/o and computational parallelism, with the former seeming more
    important without having yet done real analysis.

[1] gonna do this either with

 (a) [microarch-]fat libraries using cpuid-based dispatch (ie not fatELF),
 (b1) breaking into microarchitectures rather than architectures,
 (b2) arch-based distribution, microarch-based install, or
 (c) extending the current multiarch support to multimicroarch

[2] hand-wavin', hand-wavin'

[3] thanks to the Ubuntu compiz team for picking this back up!

--
nick black     http://www.sprezzatech.com -- unix and hpc consulting
to make an apple pie from scratch, you need first invent a universe.