Re: Ubuntu delta by patchsize

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Daniel Holbach wrote:

> Does this script consider differences between upstream versions as well?
> If not, in a case where Debian or Ubuntu (and if just because of
> different freeze times) should decide to stay on a particular older
> upstream version, the diff can quickly become gigantic, even if no
> packaging changes were made.
>
> I'm just bringing this up because there were recently some
> misunderstandings about it in
> https://plus.google.com/107928060492923463788/posts/gxnw6ZzCXV9

In the derivatives census patch generation, I've dealt with this by
doing using filterdiff create a second patch containing only changes
to files in the debian/ dir.

I would really like to hear about better ways to deal with it if
anyone has some thoughts. My initial thought was to sort the debian/
parts of the diff towards the top of the patch but I'm not sure if
there are any easy ways to do that.

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise