Re: the ultimedia gnu/linux project

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Markus Niewerth wrote:

> this is my first email to this list and i want to introduce myself and
> my project which an old friend of mine and im working on since some
> years.

Welcome to the list and thanks for your intro!

> To my person: my name is Markus Niewerth and im from germany.

Next year the Debian conference will be in Switzerland, you might want
to attend:

http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13

> We aim to provide 100% Debian compliant packages.

You will want to look at lintian and debian-policy and perhaps some of
our other QA guides:

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
http://lintian.debian.org/
http://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html
http://wiki.debian.org/HowToPackageForDebian#Check_points_for_any_package
http://wiki.debian.org/SponsorChecklist

> Ultimedia GNU/Linux aims to be full redistributable and to provide the
> best multimedia integration for modern and also older hardware without
> all those bugging features, if it comes to GUI improvements like for
> instance Unity. Ultimedia also aims to be a totally uncomercial project,
> this means that Ultimedia will never be backed by a company, it is
> backed by the linux community and users and is just a brand you may
> later pay attention to.

You might want to join the Debian multimedia team:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/Join

> Now im patiently looking forward to join the Ultimedia derivate on the
> Debian Census. Also im seeking for some cooperations between other
> derivates, just sharing of informations would be great. We are all in
> the same boat :)

Joining the census is pretty simple.

First create a new wiki account:

http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census?action=newaccount

Then put "UltimediaOS" in the form at the top of this page:

http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise