Re: Ubuntu delta by patchsize

On 17/05 09:41, Paul Wise wrote:
> The census currently produces patches metadata in YAML format that
> look like this:
>
> http://dex.alioth.debian.org/census/Ubuntu/sources.patches

Man, I just went through compare-source-package-list and friends. You
really did a great job.

> My plans for that metadata are:
>
> Aggregate all the files into one file for all derivatives.
>
> Add size information to enable the to-be-written web UI to sort by
> size and so that people can avoid downloading the 100MB to 1GB
> patches.
>
> Add info so that the to-be-written web UI knows if a patch is obsolete or not.

Nice, I would like to help out with that. My script has a very narrow
scope, and it would be better to integrate such a feature (sorting
patches by size) in a web interface with more functionalities.

Thanks,
  ema