Re: Debian derivatives census: welcome SprezzOS

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Nick Black wrote:

> I've added a link to the company blog; there is not yet any SprezzOS blog.
> I notice that autodiscovered blog entries are posted to Planet Debian's
> derivatives feed (http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA, "Blogs"):
> does this apply to all blog-related entries in the template, or only certain
> ones?

This is for both the main blog or news feed (Blog field) and the
developer blogs (developer blogs field), details of the procedure are
here:

http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Integration#Planet_Debian_derivatives

> I've removed the example.org entry left in the "Bugs Forwarded to Debian"
> section. How does this work? Ought I claim previous bugs I've filed in
> DBTS? Do I tag them, or is there some bug-feeding protocol?

For bugs that aren't yet archived, you can use usertags to create tag
bugs in arbitrary ways and then link to those:

http://wiki.debian.org/bugs.debian.org/usertags

Here is an example of how Ubuntu do it:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=ubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

> I've added APT repository entries, with a few packages of my own code. Both
> source and amd64 ought work and be properly signed with the Sprezzatech key.
> Said key can be found at http://www.sprezzatech.com/apt/sprezzos.key. I have
> enabled Indexes for the apt repository's toplevel and subdirectories, as
> recommended in the HOWTO.

Great. Should you ever add any source packages that look like they
might be based on a package already in Debian or that used to be in
Debian, the census scripts will automatically create patches:

http://dex.alioth.debian.org/census/SprezzOS/patches/
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=dex/census.git;a=blob_plain;f=bin/compare-source-package-list

> We look forward to working with the Derivatives Census, and providing all
> the assistance we can to Mother Debian.

Cool :)

In case you want to get the two packages you currently have in your
apt repository into Debian, here is a reminder:

http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise