Re: relationship with Ubuntu - call for feedback

Hiya,

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 01:39:03PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Iain Lane wrote:
>
> > There is a push, and coming with it a growing movement, to get
> > applications into Ubuntu via a new Application Review process (aka
> > extras.ubuntu.com) which is a parallel repository available for stable
> > releases only that is not a part of the distribution.
>
> I note that there are only two source packages on that site, one of
> which was uploaded by a Debian member to there instead of to Debian.
> The other one has seen an RFS in Debian:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/4E4EF698.7000706@gmail.com
>
> Hmmmmmmmmmm.

It was somewhat under the radar, but since this developer.ubuntu.com
site has been launched and relatively well promoted, I believe there's
been an increase. You can see the submissions on LP here

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-app-review-board/+bugs

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]