Re: UbuntuDiff

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:

> I hope you'll find it useful for your needs. If it misses some features
> that would make your work more pleasurable, I'd be happy to try to
> implement them.

When we have the patch generation scripts for all derivatives up and
running I think we are going to need something like this, probably
with lots more features. I would like for ubuntudiff to be renamed,
move to qa.debian.org and gain the needed features.

We will need the ability for maintainers to mark patches and packages
with different states to hide/show them. Like if a patch gets merged
the maintainer could click a button and get it hidden by default. If
the patch is empty or only changes the changelog/maintainer then the
Debian maintainer marks it as useless. If a specific derivative has
repackaged a source package from scratch, maybe the maintainer doesn't
want to see patches for that again (probably a sign they should talk
to their counterpart in the derivative though). Possibly a way to mark
patches as forwarded upstream would be useful? Or mark a patch as
"discussion in progress".

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise