Re: DEX Python 2.6->2.7 transition

On May 24, 2011, at 05:46 PM, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

>On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 02:33:50PM -0700, Allison Randal wrote:
>> We've been discussing Ubuntu's migration from Python 2.6 to 2.7
>> lately, and the consensus is that the best path is to wait to drop
>> 2.6 until Debian has made the transition to default 2.7.
>>
>> Would this make a suitable DEX project?
>
>Possibly yes, but only if the bugs you mentioned already have fixes in
>Ubuntu.

Some have I think, but not all.  After Squeeze and Natty were released, I did
go through the bugs I'd fixed and try to report them to the relevant Debian
maintainer.  I have an open browser tab on the Debian tracker page to remind
me to look at the specific blocker bugs.

>Maybe that fact is obvious to you, but it is not necessarily the case on this
>list (and it's not the case for me anyhow :-)). If it is the case, I believe
>this could make a very relevant DEX project.
>
>If you can comment on that it'd be great. The next step will then be to
>get the debian-python mailing list in the loop.

I think some of this at least is on their radar.

-Barry